Sunday, January 22, 2012

The world will end in 2012: Purple Monkey Dishwasher

       The other day I was happily surfing the web and otherwise having a great time.  My mild mannered, mostly marvelous, meticulously mapped morning was brought to a bone shattering fall when I stumbled upon a website claiming proof that the world will end in 2012.  I quickly checked my calendar and to my horror it said that the year was 2012.  Now I was forced to make a decision, I could either panic or I could  decide to research the claims and see if they had any basis in fact.  After several hours of running around panicking I rapidly grew bored and decided to pass the time researching the claims of the website.
     The website was made in 2006 and attempted to use math to prove that the world will end in 2012.  2012-2006 = 6.  Apparently 666 is the devil's number, which indicates that the world will end in 2012.  If I do the math now I get 2012-2012 = 0.  I GOT IT!!! THE WORLD WILL ONLY END IN 2012 WHEN IT IS 2006!!!!  That is a big relief, right now the world is not going to end in 2012, it will end in 2018, and I have proof, 2018-2012 = .......... 6.  Holy cow, incredible.  Wait, I am starting to see a pattern here, the world is always going to end in 6 years from now, which makes very little sense as the Devil's number is 666 and not just 6, but the math checks out.  The website then goes on to claim additionally that the Mayans predicted the world will end in 2012, I on the other hand just think they ran out of room.   Another argument was that their will be a war in 2006 and people will be drafted and an asteroid will it the sea, wuff dha.  I can tell you one thing, all of those things did happen in 2006,  but that takes backstage to the  most terrible of all..... The coming of the Anti-Christ.  Now if the Anti-Christ came to earth one of three options are possible.  He was born as an infant, which means he is going to need a lot more than 6 years to destroy the world, he is even looking pretty bad to meet the 2018 world ending deadline.  The next possibility was he came already grown up, which means we probably would have herd from him by now.  The last and most likely possibility is that he is in fact a purple cow.

                                              I never saw a purple cow.
                                              I never hope to see one.
                                              But I can tell you anyhow
                                              I'd rather see than be one.

If the Anti-Christ is a purple cow than I feel that no one has ever seen him.  The website actually does make one claim bases on actual science, by todays standards at least.  The website claims that the world will be destroyed by an alleged photon belt.  First off their is no scientific evidence what so ever for the existence of a Photon Belt. Secondly, if it did exist it would have to have the mass of a black hole, kind of hard to not notice a giant black hole coming towards your planet, eh their don't cha know?  All said and done I felt very confident that the world will survive natural causes to see the end of 2012, but their is still a lot of time fore us to f#&k up the planet before the new year.  
Cheers and Happy Easter


- By Anti Väinämöinen

2 comments:

  1. Was the bit about a purple cow on the website? If it was you should go more into detail about that. I'm a little confused about which 2012 disaster this site is focusing on, you should add the link in there so we can check it out.
    As for this Anti-Christ theory: I hadn't heard of it before. So I looked it up real quick. Apparently a large part of it is the idea that the Mayan calendar doesn't end, but enters a new era (I've heard this theory a few times about us entering a new level of existence in 2012) in which a new Mayan deity comes to power, which will claim to be the ruler of all religions and also be the Anti-Christ. Something crazy like that. Here's one of the websites I was looking at (and it's called the cutting edge-fancy that.):
    http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n2275.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the first part marvelously ridiculous, did they actually back anything up with more that the number 6 and vague mayan traditions. I would have definitly liked to hear more about the photon belt, i think that could have been the major focus rather than the number 6

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.