Or so this article says. It proposes that HAARP could be used to manipulate the weather in such a variety of ways to cause disaster ecologically. Fantastic, no? Now, this website is obviously a conspiracy website judging by the way the information is presented. Heavily biased, yes, but it is taking the initiative to explore the "what could go wrong" of HAARP.
Before this, I was unsure of what HAARP was, and--to use the term of a classmate--it still comes across to me as a "bitchin' radio tower." It provides at least a partial picture of ozone deduction and the greenhouse effect, therefore allowing us to understand the way our climate is changing, but it also makes way for a new kind of warfare.
Weather warfare.
Targeted flooding, droughts, winters the likes of which even Russia has never seen, all of these are possible under the influence of HAARP according to the author of the article. I do not doubt that, if it isn't possible now, that it couldn't be possible sometime in the near future. Still, I must stay skeptical of the idea that a single species could bend even the weather to their will. Nature is a powerful force, and one that will not sway easily to mortal intervention. I believe that we're arrogant for thinking that we even have a chance at manipulating it for very long. Even so, better safe than sorry.
One thing I keep thinking is that scientists already know some ways to create weather, like cloud seeding. But there was an article in the April, 2012 Discover magazine that microbes in the atmosphere may create weather, and scientists are speculating that they could use these to create precipitation. Why would they need the “bitchin’ radio tower,” when they have planes, silver iodide and microbes to possibly create some dramatic weather?
ReplyDelete