Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2012; My Thoughts

I feel pretty confident that the world will not, in fact, come to a violent, epic end in the near future. When I think of time, I see a line that extends forever in two directions. I think most people see a line. I don't see an end.
And, I am willing to bet money that on December 22, I will wake up, brush my teeth, comb my hair and continue on with my life. Cause here's the thing. Too many highly credible sources have discredited the whole 2012 thing for me to buy in to it.
I don't believe the Nibiru crap because I feel as though it may be really difficult for a planet that doesn't actually exist to collide with earth.
I don't believe that the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 is some sort of awesome foreshadowing. No, I think those guys just ran out of rock, or maybe the Play Station network just came back up.
We all know that Nostradamus is just a crackpot. He gets a lot of credit for absolutely nothing. When was the last time that guy was right about anything? I mean seriously.
Now, the earth usually doesn't just do things on a whim. It takes a long time for the earth to do anything. I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about the earth just flipping it's polarity over night.
As for the film 2012, it is a freaking movie. That's all. If I were to get freaked out over every damn movie I ever saw, I'd be in a lot of trouble. I'd be really concerned about all kinds of nonsense. And at that point, I might even welcome the end of the world, just to put me out of my misery.
Needless to say, I will not be investing in any dooms day gear. And I don't recommend that you do either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.