The other day I was once again on the Internet, that seems to happen allot, when I once again stumbled upon A VIDEO THAT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!!!!!! It was video on Youtube that showed clips from a certain news station. Any guesses??? It can't be that hard......... it's FOX! The news clip was trying to be used as proof that vaccines cause autism, and on first inspection they are right, but Fox News is NEVER right. I had to look into it more, and I knew the way to do this was by watching the rest of the video, Fox has the habit of debunking their lunatical tirades at the same time they are making them. It did not take them long either. They brought in a medical expert, who revealed something very important. The girl who had gotten autism from the vaccines, HAD ALREADY HAD AUTISM PRIOR TO GETTING THE VACCINE!!!! I surely hope that you can understand the significance of this. Vaccines do not cause healthy people to get autism, they only rarely bring autism out in people who already autistic. I can see how people might think that that is a bad thing, and arguably it is. But autism always surfaces after a time, if you are born autistic, than you will have symptoms of autism. Taking the risk of not having an autistic child vaccinated because you want them to enjoy a few years of un autistic life just long enough for them to miss it when the symptoms set in. This akin to being born blind, or going blind at the age of 5. If the later happens than you are devastated because you will miss seeing, but if you are born blind than arguably you do not loose anything, which helps the transition become easier. But I digress I am delving into a very controversial ethics issue. The bottom line is this, the girl mentioned in the video would have gotten autism regardless if she had not taken the vaccine. It is helpful to no that vaccines might cause autism to surface, but as a result of this coming from Fox, vast quantities of people will be too scared to get vaccines for a reason that is not worth dieing for. One must also keep in mind that autistism can be triggered by any number of things, I have personally witnessed someone who had autism brought out by a head injury suffered in football. Following that logic, vaccines, football and any activity that carries the risk of a head injury should be illegal. Not to mention any numbers of other factors can trigger autism to emerge, stress trauma, sickness, time, or anything that effects the brain. Vaccines are just one more thing to be added to that list. ANYTHING can trigger autism, their is no point in blaming it on one measly thing.
By: Anti Väinämöinen
Although not directly related to your post, I'm curious about this: Do you believe that parents should be forced to vaccinate their kids?
ReplyDeleteIt seems to be an issue that's danced around in every article/FOX news story we've seen so far.
As with everything, I think that nobody should be forced to choose one way or the other, but before they make decisions they should do plenty of research so they know what they are getting themselves (and their kids) in for. I'm personally glad that I was vaccinated; to the best of my knowledge I'm not autistic and I have a kickass immune system now.
DeleteMonica, parents should be able to choose to vaccinate their kids. What makes me angry is they are choosing not to because people are spreading lies about it. I think it is a good idea to get vaccinated, but it is not always good such as with allergies. Many people just check Fox, than go of and make bad choices.
ReplyDelete